Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae..
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Department: Finance, Planning and Audit
Job Title: District Internal Auditor (Principal Internal Auditor)
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/12
Salary Scale: U2U
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
Reports to: District Council
Responsible for: Senior Internal Auditor
Job Purpose: To head the Internal Audit and provide technical support and guidance on financial performance and quality assurance Services in systems of internal control, risk management and governance processes in the District.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing and coordinating District Audit Function
- Carrying out Special Audit assignments
- Facilitating and evaluating Risk management process
- Producing and submitting Internal Audit reports to relevant authorities
- Evaluating and reviewing Financial Internal Controls
- Executing Financial Auditing
- Carrying out Audit inspection and Performance Audit
- Carrying out Implementation of Audit recommendations
- Controlling receipt custody and utilization of financial resources
- Facilitating financial and operational procedures to ensure value for money.
- EITHER: Honors Bachelors degree in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized University or
Institution plus full Professional qualifications in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized a
recognized awarding Institution;
- •OR: Full Professional Qualifications in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized awarding
Institution plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management or Auditing or
Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- (ii) Experience
At least six (6) years working experience three (3) of which at the level of Senior Internal Auditor
in a public or reputable organization.