Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Department: Finance, Planning and Audit
Job Title: District Planner (Principal Planner)
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/13
Salary Scale: U2U
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Responsible for: Senior Planner, Population Officer Statistician
Job Purpose To develop comprehensive and integrated District Plans, monitor and evaluate their implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Formulating, developing and coordinating District development strategies, plans and budgets
- Preparing and disseminating performance standards and indicators for the district to users
- Providing Technical support to Departments in preparation and production of District Development Plans
- Determining District investment priorities
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating performance of District Development Plans programmes and projects
- Maintaining District Management Information System
- Development and maintained an up-to-dated bank
- Appraising National and district policy
Producing minutes of Technical Planning Committee.
• An Honors Bachelors Degree in Economics, Statistics and Quantitative Economics from a recognized Institution plus a minimum of a Post graduate qualification in Planning and management from a recognized institution.
Should have at least six (6) years of working experience as a Planner three of which should have been at Senior Level in public or reputable organization.