Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Job Title : Senior Procurement Officer
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/14
Salary Scale: U3U
Number of vacancy: 01 (one)
Reports to: Principal Procurement Officer
Responsible For: Procurement Officer
Job Purpose To coordinate, monitor and provide technical support in the implementation of Procurement and Disposal of assets function for the Local Government to ensure value for money.
Duties and responsibilities
- Procuring goods and services in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Enforcing adhering to procurement regulations (Government or Donor)
- Preparing bidding documents and contracts
- Developing appropriate systems, procedures and guidelines for procurement secretariat and contracts committee
- Evaluating bids for high value and specialized procurements and disposals
- Preparing, administering and issuing approved contracts
- Liaising with suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
• EITHER an Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies or Business
Administration (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies) or Commerce (with a bias in
Procurement and Supplies), plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management
from a recognized institution.
• OR full Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) plus a post graduate
Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized awarding Institution.
• Should have at least three (3) years of relevant working experience as a procurement officer from a public or reputable organization.