Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
- Department: Community Based Services
Job Title: District Community Development Officer
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/15
Salary Scale: U1 E
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Senior Community Development Officer (Gender, Culture and Community
Development)Senior Community Development Officer (Disability &Elderly)
Senior Labour Officer (Labour Employment &Industrial relations)
Senior Probation and Welfare Officer (Probation, Youth and Children)
Job Purpose To coordinate all community-based services in the District and community participation in development programmes and projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating the effective delivery of community-based services in the District;
- Monitoring community centers, vocational training institutions, children remand homes and otherCommunity establishments;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effective implementation of National and local laws and policies on gender, labour and social development;
- Advising Council on policy and related matters regarding gender, labour and social development;
- Liaising with NGOs, Community-Based Organizations and other stakeholders on matters regarding community development;
- Supervising work places to conform to national policies and standards on occupational health and Safety;
- Monitoring and evaluating community awareness and involvement in socio-economic Development initiatives;
- Coordinating the collection, analysis and dissemination of labour information;
- Managing the discharge of statutory obligations regarding community care, protection and Welfare
- Supervising the registration and promotion of community development groups.
• An Honors Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Rural Development studies or Social Work and Social Administration from a recognized University/ Institution and post Graduate Diploma in a related field.
• Should have a working experience of not less than 9 years 3 of which should have been served at the level of Principal Community Development Officer in government or equivalent level of
Experience from a reputable organization.