Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Department: Community Based Services
Job Title: Senior Probation and Welfare Officer
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/17
Salary Scale: U3L
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
Reports to: District Community Development Officer
Job Purpose To ensure the protection of children, mobilise and facilitate the participation of the youth in social economic development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the implementation of policies and programmes to prevent the occurrence of vulnerable children in the community;
- Initiating and developing children and youth programmes and projects;
- Sensitizing local communities and NGO’s on child care and protection;
- Developing and disseminating advocacy materials on child care and protection;
- Developing plans of action for probation and social welfare;
- Supervising child care institutions;
- Organizing, registering, developing and guiding youth groups;
- Offering psychological support, arbitration and counseling to families
- Attending court sessions to present investigation reports on matters regarding family social Person Specifications
• An honors Bachelor degree of Arts/social sciences, social works and social administration or
development studies from a recognized university/ institution.
• Working Experience of three (3) years of experience in probation and social welfare work or a related area in government gained at the level of probation and welfare officer or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.