Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Department: Natural Resources
Job Title: Senior Environmental Officer
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/18
Salary Scale: U3Sc
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
Reports To: District Natural Resources Officer
Responsible For: Environmental Officer Wetlands Officer
Job Purpose: To manage the sustainable harnessing of the environment within the District.
Duties and responsibilities
- Sensitizing the public on environmental policies, laws and programmes on conservation of the
- Supporting community based initiatives on the renewal and sustainability of the natural
- Training and sensitizing local communities and district officials on matters pertaining to the proper management of the environment;
- Monitoring and supervising environmental management programmes within the District;
- Disseminating information on the environmental degradation and renewal to the community;
- Enforcing the implementation of the National and District environmental action plans;
- Preparing and submitting reports on the state of the environment in the District;
- Preparing and submitting work plans and budgeting for environment management programmes;
- Providing technical support to local environment committees on the implementation of
environmental policies and programmes.
• An Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in either Botany; Zoology; Forestry; Environmental
Management or any other relevant field from a recognized Institution
ii) Working experience
• At least 3 years of experience with exposure to environmental management issues and practices gained in Public Service or reputable private organization.