Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae..
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Department: Natural Resources
Job Title: Assistant Forestry Officer
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/19
Salary Scale: U5Sc
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
Reports to: Forestry Officer
Responsible for: Forestry Rangers, Forest Guards
Job Purpose:To implement forestry conservation activities in the District.
Duties and responsibilities
- Sensitizing the public on the importance of sustainable exploitation of forestry resources;
- Supervising the establishment of tree nursery beds in the District;
- Collecting revenue from forest products and remitting it to the rightful authorities;
- Controlling any unfortunate happenings in the forests like fire outbreaks;
- Supervising and appraising the performance of forestry support staff;
- Inspecting District forest estates and reporting illegal activities to the District Authorities
- Participating in the provision of forest extension services to farm and plantation developers.
• A Diploma in Forestry from a recognized institution.