Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Department: Works and Technical Services.
Job Title: Road Inspector
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/21
Salary Scale: U6U
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
Reports to: Senior Assistant Engineering Officer
Job Purpose To inspect and supervise the maintenance of roads, bridges and their alignments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out regular road inventories;
- Producing road condition assessments reports;
- Supervising culvert installation and fabrication
- Preparing and inspecting routine maintenance programmes by contractors;
- Maintaining log sheets (motorcycle) and time sheet
- Sensitizing road users on importance of roads.
• ‘A’ Level with a Certificate in Civil Engineering from a recognised institution.