Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under mentioned vacancies which exist with Zombo District Local Government. The applicants should indicate the reference number and the post they are applying for and should address/forward their applications to the Secretary DistrictService Commission Zombo District Local Government, to reach him not later than 28 days from the date of this publication.
Interested qualified Ugandans are encouraged to submit their applications in triplicate on Public Service form No. 3 (Revised 2008) or download the form from the webpage of the Public Service Commission (http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf) and submit with three sets of photocopies of certified certificates, Testimonials, recent Passport size photographs and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Those already in Government service should route their applications through Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid unnecessary delay. Serving Officers may submit an advance copy of the application directly to the secretary District service commission to enable the commission carry out short listing exercise.
Job Title: Biostatistician
Ref. Number: DSC/ZB/01/2017/22
Salary Scale: U4 Sc
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
Reports To: District Health Officer
Responsible For: Medical Records Assistant
Job Purpose: To collect and manage data on health.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning, budgeting, and coordinating health data collection and management
- Updating and maintaining the Health Management Information System
- Collecting and analyzing data on health
- Implementing measures for maintaining data security
- Participating in support supervision
- Supporting health research activities and programs
- Imparting knowledge and skills to staff on information and data management
- Compiling and submitting reports on health information Management
- Managing and accounting for allocated resources.
• Must have an honors degree in Biostatistics / Statistics from a recognized Institution