Zombo district through its education office/section managed by DEO (District Education Officer) has managed to score highly in its plans under the education sector. This has been possible through:-
- Ensuring increased access, quality Primary and Secondary education.
- Coordinating and aliasing with Ministry to ensure its policies and programs are implemented.
- Ensuring timely dissemination of policy information and guidelines to all stakeholders.
- Ensuring there is value for money in the programmes run under the Department.
Achievements in education sector:-
- 93 primary schools repaired and constructed.
- 10 secondary schools all in operation
- Enrollment to UPE students has increased
- Recruitment of 200 teachers in primary schools
- Construction of classrooms, teacher houses and toilets
- Confirmed over 500 teachers and promoted 20 to headteacher level