The key function of the Department of Planning is to provide Planning Services throughout the District. Specifically the Department works with the all the 11 other District Departments as well as the 10 Lower Local Governments to ensure timely production of up-to-date and high quality medium term and operational Plans.
Summarily, the key output areas of the Planning Department covers:-
- Areas of Development Planning,
- District Planning,
- Statistical Data Collection,
- Demographic Data collection,
- Project Formulation,
- Management Information System and
- Monitoring and Evaluation.
The Department is headed by
- Mr. Owachi James, Senior Planner,working with 2 other Staff, namely
- Mr. Openjuru Godwin, Planner and
- Mr. Nyipir Humphrey, Population Officer