I am pleased to welcome to the official web portal of Zombo District Local Government. The intended purpose for this web portal is to enable the District provide its community and clientele with information on the Local Government System, program implementation and the general service delivery in Zombo since its inception.
As the Chief Administrative Officer, I am the Head of Public Service and Accounting Officer of the district.
Over the last five years, we have been able to achieve the following:-
- Constructed the three (3) Administrative blocks that houses the Zombo District Headquarters and community Hall. A new one donated by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Uganda is under construction. The sub-county headquarters at Abanga has also been completed.
- Under Community services, we have continued to implement a number of projects such as CDD, SAGE, Youth Livelihood Project (YLP) and projects under UNCEF.
- Our education services have greatly improved with an overall pass rate of 80% in primary sub-sector. We have 97 primary schools, of which 23 are private. We have constructed a number of classroom blocks and latrines across the district.
In addition, over 500 teachers have been confirmed into public service and more than 20 primary head teachers promoted.
- We have an improved road network of 291 km.
- In health sector, we constructed two (2) new health centres in Papoga and Mundhel, two (2) maternity blocks in Otheko and Ther-uru. We also constructed a number of staff houses across our health centres II and IIIs.
- Water Sector: over 13 boreholes have been constructed, providing safe water for the community. The urban town of Paidha now has piped water system that has greatly improved the welfare of the people in Zombo.
Despite the achievements, we still have a number of challenges and therefore we call upon potential partners to join to address the challenges. I would therefore like to invite you, to this very informative website where you will be able to access all key information and documentation about Zombo District.